VaYu, World’s first yoga University outside India inaugurated in Los Angeles
* The world’s first yoga university outside India has been launched in Los Angeles, as a part of the 6th International Yoga Day commemorations.
* The University has been named as Vivekananda Yoga University (VaYU), and will offer programmes that combine scientific principles and modern research approaches to the ancient Indian practice of yoga.
* VaYU will offer online graduate programmes based on scientific principles and modern research approaches to yoga.
* Swami Vivekananda Yoga Anusandhana Samsthana(SVYASA) is the world’s first yoga university, set up in Bengaluru, India.
India ranks 77th in terms of money parked with Swiss banks, UK tops
* India has moved down three places to 77th rank in terms of money parked by its citizens and enterprises with Swiss banks at the end of 2019, as per the latest annual banking statistics released by the Swiss National Bank (SNB).
* India was ranked 74th in 2018. As per the latest data, India accounted for just about 0.06 percent of the aggregate funds parked by all foreign clients of Switzerland-based banks.
* UK has retained its top position, accounting for close to 27 percent of the total foreign funds parked with Swiss banks at the end of 2019.
* UK is followed by the US, West Indies, France and Hong Kong in the top five.
* These top-five countries alone account for more than 50 percent of the aggregate foreign funds parked with the Swiss banks.
Andhra CM Jagan Mohan Reddy Launches YSR Kapu Nestham Scheme for Women of Kapu
* Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh YS Jagan Mohan Reddy has unveiled a scheme titled ‘YSR Kapu Nestham’ for the welfare of the women from Kapu community.
* Under the scheme, the government will provide financial assistance of Rs 15,000 per year for all the eligible women of the community aged between 45 and 60 years for a period of five years.
* In five years, the beneficiaries will be getting a total of Rs 75,000.
UN Honours Kerala Health Min KK Shailaja for fight against COVID
* United Nations honoured Kerala Health Minister KK Shailaja by inviting her on panel discussion on World Public Service Day.
* She was the honored speaker from India to speak about the strategies that were adopted by the state to combat the pandemic.
* Kerala, which recorded India’s first three coronavirus cases, has been successful in flattening the curve of new infections.
PhonePe tie-up with ICICI Bank on UPI multi-bank model
* PhonePe has partnered with ICICI Bank on UPI multi-bank model. Through this partnership, Phonepe giving its users the option to create and use multiple UPI IDs with ICICI and Yes Bank”s handles on the PhonePe app. The PhonePe customers will now be able to choose between multiple handles for their UPI IDs, thus making payments easy, secure and accessible to all.
IIT Kanpur honours Gopichand with honorary doctorate
* IIT Kanpur honours India’s chief national badminton coach Pullela Gopichand with honorary doctorate on the occasion of their 52nd convocation.
* Former President APJ Abdul Kalam and former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh are past recipients of the honour.