HRD Ministry Launches Week-long ‘Bharat Padhe Online’ Campaign to invite ideas for improving online education ecosystem
* The Union Minister of Human Resource Development (HRD) Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ has launched a week long campaign titled ‘Bharat Padhe Online’ for crowd sourcing of ideas for improving online education ecosystem of India.
* Under the campaign any resident of the country can share suggestions/solutions directly with HRD Ministry to overcome constraints of online education.
* The educators across the country can also come forward to contribute with their expertise and experience in the field of education.
The ideas can be shared till 16th April 2020 on email@example.com and also on twitter by using #BharatPadheOnline.
RBI launches twitter campaign for Digital Payment with Amitabh Bachchan as face of the campaign
* The Reserve Bank of India launched a twitter campaign urging bank customers to adopt digital modes of payment that are convenient and safe.
The face of the campaign is Bollywood actor Amitabh Bachchan.
* The RBI, through the campaign, reiterated the multiple digital payment options such as NEFT, IMPS, UPI and BBPS that are available 24*7.
Jana Small Finance Bank rolls out digital banking platform- DigiGen
* Jana Small Finance Bank has launched a digital banking platform named “DigiGen”, where customers can digitally open a savings account and fixed deposit instantly.
* DigiGen onboarding is a three-step process to open an account. Tagline of Jana Small Finance Bank- ‘paise ki kadar’.
Mahabaleshwara M S Reappointed as MD & CEO of Karnataka Bank for 3 Years
* The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has approved the reappointment of Mahabaleshwara M S as MD and CEO of private sector lender Karnataka Bank for a period of three years with effect from April 15, 2020.
* The regulator has also approved for reappointment of P Jayarama Bhat as Part Time (Non Executive) Chairman of the bank.
RV Verma Appointed as Non-Executive Chairman of AU Small Finance Bank for 3 Years
* Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has approved the appointment of Raj Vikash (RV) Verma, former Chairman and Managing Director of National Housing Bank, as Non-Executive Chairman of AU Small Finance Bank for a period of one year with effect from April 8, 2020.
* Verma has been associated with AU Small Finance Bank since 2018 as an independent director.
Ministry of Finance extends deadline for mandatory minimum deposit in PPF, Sukanya Samriddhi Account by 3 Months till June 30
*The Ministry of Finance has extended the deadline for mandatory minimum deposit in Public Provident Fund (PPF), Sukanya Samriddhi Account (SSA) and RDs (recurring deposits) for the financial year 2019-20 by three months due to the lockdown amid coronavirus outbreak.
* Now the account holders can deposit their savings up to June 30, which couldn’t be deposited in 2019-20 due to lockdown in the country.
This relaxation will be applicable only for account holders of PPF, Sukanya Samriddhi Account (SSA) and Recurring Deposits (RDs).
* In order to keep these accounts active, the subscribers are required to make some specified deposit in a year otherwise penalty is charged over that.
Maha Prasad Adhikari appointed as Governor of Nepal Rastra Bank
* Maha Prasad Adhikari has been appointed as the Governor of the Central bank of Nepal i.e. Nepal Rastra Bank. He has been appointed for a five-year term.
UPSC Guide e-learning portal launched
* UPSCGuide e-learning portal has been launched to help UPSC aspirants to study from home during the COVID-19 pandemic. The portal has been launched in order to provide coaching facilities to the aspirants to help them prepare for UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) exam with the help of technology. Via UPSCGuide e-learning portal, esteemed people who have already cleared the examinations with good ranks will provide voluntary help, guidance and motivation to the aspirants and will help them in achieving their goal.