IndiaMoneyMart Receives NBFC -P2P Certification from RBI
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) granted NBFC – P2P (Non-Banking Financial Company – Peer to Peer) Certificate to IndiaMoneyMart and this certification will enable IndiaMoneyMart to expand operations and target loan disbursals worth INR 100 Crore by the end of financial year 2018-19.
- The step will validates IndiaMoneyMart’s strong framework to make lending and borrowing transparent, digital and convenient in confrontation to the regulatory requirement.
- IndiaMoneyMart is offering loans starting from Rs. 10 thousand to Rs 10 Lakhs for a tenure ranging between 3 months to 36 months.
Pranav R Mehta Becomes 1st Indian to Head Global Solar Council
- A visionary in the field of Solar Energy and the chairman of National Solar Energy Federation, Pranav R Mehta, has taken over as the president of Global Solar Council (GSC). He has become the first Indian to head the GSC.
- The Global Solar Council (GSC) was launched on December 6, 2015, following the historic United Nations Climate Change Conference (UN COP 21). The GSC came into being as International Coalition of more than 30 nations, utilising maximum solar energy, decided to harness the renewable energy for the greater good.
MoU On ‘India-Norway Ocean Dialogue’ Exchanged
- Prime Minister of Norway Erna Solberg and Prime Minister Narendra Modi held bilateral talks in New Delhi. Prime Minister Modi said that both the countries have vibrant trade ties. MoU were exchanged on India-Norway Ocean Dialogue.
- Erna Solberg also called on President Ram Nath Kovind and Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu. She also delivered the Inaugural address at the Raisina Dialogue and addressed India-Norway Business Summit in New Delhi.
RBI Forms Committee To Boost Digital Payments
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has constituted a High-Level Committee on Deepening of Digital Payments to encourage digitisation of payments and enhance financial inclusion. The five-member committee headed by UIDAI’s former Chairman Nandan Nilekani will include RBI’s former Deputy Governor Mr. H.R. Khan and Former Secretary, Ministry of Information Technology, Mrs. Aruna Sharma among others.
- RBI stated that the committee will review the existing status of digitisation of payments and suggest ways to bridge any gaps in the ecosystem if any. The committee will also undertake cross country analysis to identify best practices that can be adopted to accelerate digitisation of the economy and financial inclusion through greater use of digital payments.
BCCI announces cash awards for triumphant Team India members
- Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) announced cash awards of Rs 15 lakh per match for each of the playing eleven that featured in India’s maiden Test Cricket series win on Australian soil.
- Virat Kohli and his team defeated Australia 2-1 in the four-match Test series, ending India’s 71-year-old wait for the rare achievement.
- Congratulating the team, the BCCI also announced cash awards of seven and a half lakh rupees for all the reserve players, as well as the members of the support staff.