DRDO Laboratory VRDE Develops full-body Disinfection Chamber ‘PSE’
* The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) Laboratory at Vehicle Research Development Establishment (VRDE), Ahmednagar, in Maharashtra has designed a full body disinfection chamber called as Personnel Sanitisation Enclosure (PSE).
* This walk through enclosure is designed for personnel decontamination, one person at a time.
* It is a portable system equipped with sanitiser and soap dispenser.
RBI increases the number of days for which a State/ UT can be in overdraft
* The Reserve Bank of India allows State Government to tide over their cashflow mismatches (consider it as a loan) in form of Special Drawing Facility (SDF) and Normal Ways and Means Advances.
* Now RBI has increased the number of days or which a State/ UT can be in overdraft continuously as under:
* The number of days for which States/UTs can be in overdraft continuously has been increased to 21 working days from the previous 14 days.
* The number of days for which a State/ UT can be in overdraft in a quarter has been increased to 50 working days from the previous 36 days.
Parag Raja appointed as MD&CEO of Bharti AXA Life Insurance
* Parag Raja has been appointed as the MD & CEO of Bharti AXA Life Insurance.
* He will replace Vikas Seth after April 30, 2020.
Englands Ben Stokes named 2020 Wisden’s Leading Cricketer in the World
* England’s all-rounder Ben Stokes has been named as the leading cricketer in the world by Wisden for the year 2019. He is the first player from England since 2005 to be named for this award.
* In Women’s category, Australia’s Ellyse Perry has been named the Wisden’s Leading Female Cricketer in the World.
Government of India launches “iGOT” e-learning platform to combat COVID-19
* The Government of India has launched an iGOT e-learning platform to combat COVID-19 for all front-line workers to equip them with the training and updates in coping with Pandemic. This platform can be accessed at https://igot.gov.in. The platform delivers curated, role-specific content, to each learner at his place of work or home and to any device of his choice.
* iGOT platform is designed to population scale and will provide training to around 1.50 crore workers and volunteers. To begin with, nine courses on iGOT have been launched on topics like basics of COVID-19, ICU care and ventilation management, clinical management, infection prevention through PPE, infection control and prevention, quarantine and isolation, laboratory sample collection and testing, management of COVID-19 cases, COVID-19 Training.