Paracetamol and hydroxychloroquine drugs export to USA
* The Indian Govt has given relaxtion a ban for exporting paracetamol and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ). such drugs commonly used in treatment of COVID-19. at present, these drugs are in the licensed category.
* India took this step because US President Donald Trump demanded for the supply of hydroxychloroquine. before it, India had rejected the US’s demand.
Ministry of Human Resources Development launches “Samadhan” a challenge to fight against covid19 and future challenges
* Ministry of Human Resources Development in collaboration with All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) has launched a mega online challenge – SAMADHAN – to test the ability of students to innovate in relation to COVID-19.
* The students participating in this challenge will search and develop such measures that can be made available to the government agencies, health services, hospitals and other services for quick solutions to the Coronavirus epidemic and other such calamities.
Airtel Payments Bank to offer COVID-19 insurance policy
* The Airtel Payments Bank has partnered with Bharati AXA General Insurance to launch a COVID-19 insurance policy. The Bharti AXA Group Health Assure Policy has rolled out a policy with a fixed cover offering 100% sum insured as a lump sum, if the policy holder is diagnosed positive or gets quarantined in a government hospital or military facility/establishment. The insurance plan can be purchased directly from the banking section of the ‘Airtel Thanks App’ or by visiting the nearest active banking point-of-sales (POS) of Airtel Payments Bank at a price of Rs 499 for fixed sum insured of Rs 25,000.
* Along with above insurance plan, the two entities have also launched jointly a group health cover for COVID-19 which provides per day fixed allowance on hospitalization with Enhanced ICU Cash.
Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey pledges $1 billion to combat COVID-19 pandemic
* Chief Executive Officer of Twitter, Jack Dorsey has pledged to donate $1 billion to charities working towards combatting the global COVID-19 pandemic. The donation of $1 billion by the Twitter CEO seems to be the largest donation pledged by a private individual in the fight against COVID-19 pandemic.