Vinkesh Gulati appointed as new President of FADA
* Vinkesh Gulati, has been appointed as the 35th President of the Federation of Automobile Dealers Associations (FADA).
* He succeeds Ashish Harsharaj Kale and will serve the role of president from 2020 to 2022.
* The FADA is an apex national body representing automobile dealers of India.
DRDO successfully flight tests Hypersonic Technology Demonstrator Vehicle (HSTDV)
* Defense Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has successfully demonstrated the hypersonic air-breathing scramjet technology with the flight test of the Hypersonic Technology Demonstration Vehicle (HSTDV) from Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Launch Complex at Wheeler Island, off the coast of Odisha on September 07, 2020.
* India has thus become the fourth country after the United States, Russia and China to develop and successfully test hypersonic technology.
* It will serve as the building block for next-generation hypersonic cruise missiles.
ADB inks $500 Million Loan agreement with India for Delhi-Meerut RRTS Corridor
* The Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the Government of India has signed a $500 million loan pact on 8th September 2020 to build a modern, high-speed 82-kilometer Delhi-Meerut Regional Rapid Transit System (RRTS) corridor.
* This loan amount is the first tranche of a total $1 billion loan approved by ADB for the venture in August 2020.
* The RRTS corridor will connect Sarai Kale Khan in Delhi, Ghaziabad and Meerut. It will have a total of 24 stations of which 21 will be in Uttar Pradesh and the rest in Delhi.
* The project will improve regional connectivity and mobility in India’s national capital region (NCR).
Bank of Baroda tops EASE 2.0 Index by IBA
* Bank of Baroda has topped the EASE Banking Reforms Index 2.0. State Bank of India and erstwhile Oriental Bank of Commerce are second and third respectively.
* EASE (Enhanced Access and Service Excellence) reform index is prepared by the Indian Banking Association (IBA).
* The Index measures the performance of the Public Sector Bank on more than 120 objective metrics based on six themes. The aim of this index is to bring fruitful change in the PSBs by brining in healthy competition among these PSBs and by encouraging them to learn from each other.
* The six theme of EASE 2.0 are- ‘Responsible Banking’, ‘Customer Responsiveness’, ‘Credit off-take’, ‘Governance and HR’, ‘PSBs as Udyamimitra for MSMEs’, and ‘Deepening Financial Inclusion and Digitalisation.
Goldman Sachs predicts India’s GDP for FY21 at -14.8%
* Goldman Sachs has predicted India’s GDP for FY21 at -14.8%. For Calendar Year 2020 it has projected a contraction of 11.1%.
* For FY22, Goldman Sachs predicts India’s GDP to grow at 15.7% and for Calendar Year 2021 at 9.9%.
India Ratings predicts India’s GDP for FY21 at -11.8%
* India Ratings and Research has projected India’s FY21 GDP growth forecast at -11.8% as against its earlier prediction of -5.3%.
* For FY22, India Ratings and Research projects India’s GDP at 9.9%.
* The rating agency estimates the economic loss in FY21 to be Rs 18.44 lakh crore.
Anil Jain Elected As New President of All India Tennis Association
* The All India Tennis Association (AITA) has elected BJP Rajya Sabha member Anil Jain as its new president. He will replace Praveen Mahajan, whose tenure as AITA President came to an end this year.
* Previously, Jain served as the Vice-President of AITA from 2016-2020.
* Apart from him, Anil Dhupar has been chosen as the Secretary-Genral, while India’s Davis Cup captain Rohit Rajpal was elected as the Treasurer of the national federation.
Noted English Broadcaster David Attenborough wins Indira Gandhi Peace Prize 2019
* Veteran British broadcaster and natural historian, David Attenborough has been awarded the prestigious Indira Gandhi Peace Prize for 2019 by the Indira Gandhi Memorial Trust.
* The award was conferred upon the 94 year old Attenborough by former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on 7 September 2020 at a virtual event.