TDSAT Chairman Justice Shiva Kirti Singh extended by 3-months
* The tenure of Justice Shiva Kirti Singh, as the incumbent Chairman of the Telecom Disputes Settlement and Appellate Tribunal (TDSAT) has been extended by the Supreme Court of India. The bench of Chief Justice of India (CJI) SA Bobde along with Justices Deepak Gupta and Sanjay Kishan Kaul took a decision to extend the tenure of Justice Shiva Kirti Singh by three months.
PNB Housing Finance ties-up with JICA to raise $75 million
* Punjab National Bank Housing Finance has partnered with Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) to raise 75 million dollars. The Citibank will also co-finance 25 million dollars to finance the mortgage loans in the affordable housing segment. This partnership also states first debt funding by Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) in the housing finance sector in India.
* The partnership aims to facilitate low-income households of India with affordable housing, based on the Facility for Accelerating Financial Inclusion in Asia.
Cabinet Approves Ordinance to Reduce Salaries of President, PM, Governors, Ministers, MPs by 30% for 1 year Effective from April 1
* The Union Cabinet, on April 6, 2020, approved an ordinance to amend the Salary, Allowances and Pension of Members of Parliament Act, 1954, to reduce the allowances and pension of all MPs by 30% for a period of one year, with effect from April 1, 2020.
* The President, Vice President, Governors of States have also voluntarily decided to take a pay cut of 30 percent as a social responsibility for one year.
* Sharing this information, the Union Information and Broadcasting Minister Prakash Javadekar also announced that all these money will go to Consolidated Fund of India, for managing health and the adverse impact of outbreak of COVID-19 in India.
U.B. Pravin Rao Appointed Chairman of Nasscom for FY-21
* The IT services industry body Nasscom (National Association of Software and Services Companies) has appointed UB Pravin Rao, as the new Chairman of the company for the current financial year 2020-21.
* UB Pravin Rao is the Chief Operating Officer (COO) at Infosys. He will succeed Keshav Murugesh, Group CEO, WNS Global Services.
* Besides this, Chairman and Senior Managing Director, Accenture India, Rekha M Menon, has been appointed as the Vice-Chairperson for the industry body for this fiscal.
Disinfectant Tunnel ‘3V Safe Tunnel’ Installed at Telangana DGP Office
* In Telangana, a unique disinfectant tunnel named ‘3V Safe Tunnel’ has been installed at the office of the state Director General of Police to sanitize people within 20 seconds from any possible bacteria and other microbes and reduce the local transmission of Covid-19 in the state.
* The first-of-its-kind tunnel installed in the state consists of a combination of a water-soluble polymer and iodine in a form of spray.
The solution is known to be effective against virus like SARS, MERS and Ebola.
* The Sanitising tunnel has been installed with the help of a private company, S3V Vascular Technologies Private Limited.
IIT Roorkee Collaborates with AIIMS-Rishikesh to Prepare low-cost portable ventilator ‘Prana-vayu’
*A special, low-cost, closed-loop, portable ventilator, ‘Prana-Vayu, has been developed by Research team at IIT Roorkee in collaboration with AIIMS, Rishikesh, which will be useful for COVID-19 patients .
* The manufacturing cost per ventilator is estimated to be Rs 25000.
Madhabi Puri Buch gets 6-month extension as WTM at SEBI
* The term of Madhabi Puri Buch as a Whole Time Member (WTM) at Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has been extended by 6 months. Madhabi Puri Buch is the first woman Whole Time Member (WTM) of SEBI and also the first from the private sector to be appointed as a board member in SEBI.