Current Affairs Pocket : 6th Feb. 2018
Niti Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant gets extension till June 30, 2019
- Niti Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant has been given an extension till June 30 next year, according to an official order.
- He was appointed the Chief Executive Officer of the government think tank on February 17, 2016 for a two-year term.
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved extension of Kant’s tenure till June 30, 2019.
India Successfully Test-Fires Nuclear-Capable Agni-I Missile
- India successfully test-fired the indigenously developed short-range nuclear capable Agni-I ballistic missile. The missile was fired from the Abdul Kalam Island off Odisha coast.
- The test was conducted by the Strategic Force Command of the Indian Army. The range of Missile is 700 km. It was 18th version of Agni-I.
Cyprus President Nicos Anastasiades Wins Re-Election For 2nd Term
- Cyprus President Nicos Anastasiades has won re-election for a second term. The official final result after a second-round run-off put the conservative incumbent on 55.99% of the vote, ahead of Communist-backed Stavros Malas on 44%.
- Anastasiades has taken credit for steering the economy of Cyprus to recovery after it was plunged into crisis in 2013 by its exposure to debt-wracked Greece and fiscal slippage under a former left-wing administration.
Exam Warriors’Book Released By PM Modi
- The book penned down by PM Narendra Modi named ‘Exam Warriors‘ was launched to reach out to the students across the country ahead of their exams. The book was released by External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj.
- The book has been written to inspire youths to face the difficult moments of examinations and life, with fresh and new energy. ‘Exam Warriors’ is published by Penguin India, which runs into 208 pages.
Shubhankar Sharma Becomes Best Indian Golfer In The World
- Shubhankar Sharma has emerged as the best Indian golfer in the world, grabbing the 72nd position in the Official World Golf Ranking (OWGR). He has won the Maybank Championship in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Sharma has enjoyed a golden run over the past few months on the international stage, clinching his first European Tour win at the Joburg Open.
India Open 2018- Complete List Of Winners
- India Open is a badminton event held annually at the Siri Fort Sports Complex, New Delhi. In women’s singles Defending champion P V Sindhu was defeated by American Beiwen Zhang to finish runner-up at the India Open Super 500 tournament.
Complete List of Winners-
Category Winner Runner-Up
Men’s Singles Shi Yuqi (China) Chou Tien Chen (Taiwan)
Women’s Singles Beiwen Zhang (America) P V Sindhu (India)
Men’s Doubles Marcus Fernaldi Gideon(Indonesia) Kim Astrup, Anders Skaarup Rasmussen
Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo (Indonesia)
Women’s Doubles Greysia Polii, Apriyani Rahayu Jongkolphan Kititharakul,Rawinda Prajongjai
Mixed Doubles Mathias Christiansen, Christinna Pedersen Praveen Jordan, Melati Daeva Oktavianti