Airtel Payments Bank ties up with Bharti AXA Life Insurance to offer the Bharti AXA Life POS Saral Jeevan Bima Yojana
* Airtel Payments Bank partnered with Bharti AXA Life Insurance to offer Bharti AXA Life POS (Point of Sale).
* Saral Jeevan Bima Yojana, a pure life term insurance decided to plan up to Rs 5 lakhs
* The scheme is aimed at the under-insured and uninsured segments in India.
* The policy available at all the Airtel Payments Bank’s 25,000 retail outlets.
It will be expanded to cover over 60,000 banking points
* The customers are offered the option of life cover between 3-5 lakh
* The scheme further extended up to Rs 25 lakh.
* Airtel Payments Bank partnered with Bharti AXA Life Insurance to offer the scheme Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY)
Uttar Pradesh govt launches toll-free CM helpline 1076
* Uttar Pradesh government launched a toll-free Chief Minister helpline 1076.
* This scheme will enable people from across the state to register their complaints and a time-bound action will be taken.
* Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath will personally review the complaints every month.
* The people now don’t need to travel to Lucknow to lodge their complaints.
* The action will be taken against those who make false complaints.
The CM helpline number 1076
* The helpline will work 24×7 and anyone from any part of the state.
* The 500-seater call center established for the helpline
* The capacity to handle 80,000 inbounds and 55,000 outbound calls on a daily basis. The complainant when calls the helpline, he/she will get an SMS.
The complaint sent to the department concerned.
USISPF honors Wipro Chairman Azim Premji & Mastercard CEO and President Ajay Banga with Global Excellence Award 2019
* Indian multinational corporation Wipro’s Chairman, Azim Premji, and Global Financial services company Mastercard’s CEO and President, Ajaypal Singh Banga chosen for 2019 Global Excellence Award.
* The award will be given by LIS-India Strategic Partnership Forum (USISPF)for their contribution to strengthening economic ties between the US and India.
* The awards will be given at the USISPF Second Annual Leadership Summit in Washington on July 11, 2019.
* US Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross, LIS Energy Secretary Rick Perry, LIS House of Representative Speaker Nancy Pelosi, US Senator Dan Sullivan, a Republic from Arkansas and Indian Ambassador to the US Harsh Shringla attend the leadership summit.
* The aim is to highlight bilateral cooperation, trade, and investment, strategic energy ties, manufacturing, and innovation partnership of two countries.
AK Misra appointed as an additional director on the Board of Directors (BOD) of Jammu and Kashmir Bank by Reserve Bank of India
* The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) appointed ex-executive director RBI A.K Misra as Additional Director on the Board of Directors (BOD) of the Jammu and Kashmir Bank Limited.
* The appointment shall be for a period of two years
* The appointment will be effect from July 3, 2019 to July 2, 2021.
* The usual sitting fee and allowances are paid to other directors for attending the meetings of the Board and Committees.
Economic Survey for 2018-19 predicted a 7 percent GDP growth for financial year 2019-20
* Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman tabled the Economic Survey for 2018-19 in the Parliament on 5 July. The survey predicted a 7% GDP growth for financial year 2019-20 as compared to 6.8% in 2018-19. The Economic Survey was prepared by Chief Economic Advisor KV Subramanian.
* In the Second term of the NDA govt. PM Modi laid a goal to bring Indian economy to a $5 trillion economy by 2024-25. According to the Economic Survey, India needs to sustain a real GDP growth rate of 8%.
* The report also said that India continued to remain the fastest-growing major economy in the world in 2018-19, despite a slight moderation in gross domestic product (GDP) growth from 7.2% in 2017-18 to 6.8% in 2018-19.
Ursula von der Leyen is appointed as European Commission president
* Germany’s Ursula von der Leyen is appointed by European Union (EU) leaders as bloc’s next Chief Executive (European Commission president). She will be the first woman in history to hold the position. She will be replacing Jean-Claude Juncker.
* She will lead the Union’s most important institution to set the bloc’s policy agenda. The Union is made up of 28 commissioners.