Sashidhar Jagdishan to be the new CEO of HDFC Bank
* Sashidhar Jagdishan has been selected as the new CEO of HDFC Bank and will replace Aditya Puri. He will take charge in October when Puri retires.
* Sashidhar Jagdishan is a chartered accountant. He holds a Master’s degree in Economics of money, banking and finance. He joined the Bank in 1996 and heads finance, human resources, and other departments.
* Aditya Puri was the CEO of HDFC Bank since September 1994. He is the longest-serving head of any private bank in India.
RBI keeps repo rate unchanged in Monetary Policy Committee of August 2020
* The Monetary Policy Committee of RBI met on 4th, 5th and 6th August for its second meeting of 2020-21. In the meeting, the following things have been mentioned.
The policy rates have been kept unchanged as:
* Policy Repo Rate- 4.00%
* Reverse Repo Rate- 3.35%
* Marginal Standing Facility Rate and Bank Rate- 4.25%
* CRR- 3%
* SLR- 18%
* The committee continues with the accommodative stance.
Manoj Sinha takes charge as new Lieutenant Governor of Jammu and Kashmir After GC Murmu Resigns
* The incumbent Lieutenant Governor of Jammu and Kashmir, Girish Chandra Murmu has resigned from the post on 5 August 2020.
* 5 August also marks the first anniversary of abrogation of Article 370 by Centre, to scrap special status to Jammu and Kashmir and turn it into two union territories
* Murmu was the first L-G of the Union territory of Jammu and Kashmir, who took charge on October 31, 2019, under the Jammu and Kashmir Reorganisation Act, 2019.
* Following Murmu’s resignation, Manoj Sinha, a senior BJP leader and former Union Minister, has been appointed as the new LG of the UT of Jammu & Kashmir.
Girish Chandra Murmu appointed as new Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India
* Jammu and Kashmir Lt Governor Girish Chandra Murmu has been appointed as the new Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India. He will assume office on 8 August 2020.
* Murmu is the 14th CAG of India.
* He will replace Rajiv Mehrishi, a 1978 batch IAS officer of the Rajasthan cadre, as the CAG.
Centre Extends Ajay Tyagi’s Tenure as SEBI Chairman by 18-Months till February 2022
* The Ministry of Finance has extended the tenure of Ajay Tyagi as the chairman of Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) for a period of 18-months.
* His extended term will begin with effect from September 1, 2020 and continue atleast up to February 28, 2022.
* Mr Tyagi, a 1984 batch IAS (retired) officer of Himachal Pradesh cadre, was appointed as the SEBI chairman in March 2017 for three years.
This is the second extension given to Tyagi.