Hima bags gold in Poznan Athletics Grand Prix
* Hima Das, the under-20 World champion has won the gold medal in women’s 200m in the Poznan Athletics Grand Prix. Poznan Athletics Grand Prix is taking place in Poznan, Poland.
Manoj Kumar Nambiar is appointed as the Chairman of Microfinance Institutions Network (MFIN)
* Manoj Kumar Nambiar, Managing Director of Arohan Financial Services, is appointed as the Chairman of Microfinance Institutions Network (MFIN). * He was elected at 6th annual general meeting of MFIN. Nambiar is also a director on boards of IntelleCash Microfinance Network Company. He will replace Ujjivan Financial Services CEO and MD Samit Ghosh.
Vaibhav Yadav, Indian pro boxer won World Boxing Council (WBC) Asia title
* Indian pro boxer Vaibhav Yadav became the WBC Asia silver welterweight champion.
* They defeat Thailand’s Fahpetch Singmanassak in the title bout held in Pattaya, Thailand.
Shri Rabindra Panwar given additional charge as secretary to the Ministry of Textiles
* Appointment Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) approved Rabindra Panwar as an additional charge secretary to the Ministry of Textiles to Secretary.
* Ministry of Women and Child Development along with the immediate effect till the appointment of a regular incumbent.
He succeeded Raghvendra Singh.
Most Powerful Passport 2019: Japan tops, India ranks 86th
* Henley Passport Index 2019 has recently published on its website that shows Japan and Singapore holds first position collectively as most powerful passports in the world. The index includes 199 passports and 227 travel destinations including micro-states and territories.
* India stands at 86th position in this index with a mobility score of 58. India shares this 86th position with Mauritiana and Sao Tome and Principe.
* Top powerful passports of the world – Japan, Singapore,Finland, Germany, South Korea, Denmark, Italy, Luxembourg, France, Spain, Sweden, Austria, Netherlands, Portugal, Switzerland, Belgium, Canada, Greece, Ireland, Norway, United Kingdom, United States.