HDFC MF Surpasses ICICI Prudential MF to Become Largest AMC in India
- HDFC Mutual Fund has pipped ICICI Prudential MF to become the country’s largest asset management company after a gap of over two years. As of December-end, HDFC MF manages assets to the tune of Rs 3.35 lakh crore, while those of ICICI Prudential MF stood at Rs 3.08 lakh crore, as per the latest data available with Association of Mutual funds in India (Amfi).
- The assets under management (AUM) of HDFC MF have grown over 9% in October-December quarter from the previous three-month period, however, ICICI Prudential MF’s AUM slipped by 0.6% during the period under review.
Syndicate Bank And SBI Life Insurance Signed Bancassurance Pact
- Syndicate Bank and SBI Life Insurance signed a bancassurance pact aiming to offer a comprehensive financial planning solution to its customers. The pact was signed between Syndicate Bank MD & CEO, Mrutyunjay Mahapatra and MD and CEO of SBI Life, Sanjeev Nautiyal.
- Through the pact, Syndicate Bank will provide penetration in the market with its 3,000 branches and SBI Life’s diverse range of protection, wealth creation and savings insurance products will be brought to the table to the customers.
Arunima Sinha Becomes World’s 1st Female Amputee To Scale Antarctica’s Highest Peak
- Arunima Sinha, the first female amputee to have conquered Mt Everest, created yet another record as she became world’s first woman amputee to climb Mount Vinson, the highest peak in Antarctica.
- Apart from Mount Everest, the 30-year-old has climbed the highest peaks of five continents and plans to do so in all seven.
IIT Professor awarded with the National Geospatial Award for Excellence
- Jayanta Kumar Ghosh, a professor at the civil engineering department of the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) in Roorkee, was conferred the National Geospatial Award for Excellence-2017 (Lifetime Achievement Award) at the Space Application Centre in Ahmedabad.
- The Indian Society for Remote Sensing is an organisation known in the area of space science, remote sensing and geo-spatial technology.
Justice Asif Saeed Khosa appointed as the new Chief Justice of Pakistan
- Justice Asif Saeed Khosa will take oath of his office on January 18 a day after incumbent CJP Justice Saqib Nisar retires on January 17.
- Justice Khosa has been a senior Justice of the Supreme Court of Pakistan since 31 December 2016.
- He will remain as the top judge of Pakistan till December 20, 2019.