N S Vishwanathan gets extension by one year as RBI deputy governor
* Reserve Bank of India Deputy Governor N S Vishwanathan has been given a one-year extension by the GoI. Presently he is heading the Department of Banking Regulation of the Reserve Bank of India.
Karnam Sekar takes over as new MD and CEO of IOB
* Indian Overseas Bank (IOB), a public sector bank appointed Karnam Sekar as its new Managing Director (MD)and Chief Executive Officer(CEO).
He replaces R Subramaniakumar.
Aparna Kumar becomes the first civil servant & IPS Officer to conquer the ‘Seven Summits’ challenge
* Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) Deputy Inspector General of Police (DIG) Aparna Kumar became the first civil servant to scale Mount Denali
* It is the highest peak in North America.
* She is the first civil servant and IPS officer to achieve this rare feat.
* This was her 7th summit challenge.
* She became the first woman IPS DIG and Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) officer to successfully complete the South Pole expedition.
Indo-French Joint Air Exercise Garuda-VI Begins
* The Indian and French Air Force has started Garuda VI exercise at Mont de Marsan in France. The exercise is scheduled to take place from 1 July to July 12, 2019, in France.
* The Indian Air Force (IAF) contingent comprises of 120 air-warriors and four Sukhoi 30 MKI along with an IL-78 flight refuelling aircraft.
India loses to Pakistan in the IBSF Snooker World Cup finals
* The Indian team lost to Pakistan in the final of the IBSF Snooker World Cup in Doha. India lost the summit clash by 1-3. Pankaj Advani and Laxman Rawat represented the Indian team in the world cup.