Former Law Minister of Nepal Nilambar Acharya Appointed Country’s Ambassador to India
- Former Law Minister of Nepal Nilambar Acharya has been appointed as country’s ambassador to India. President Bidya Devi Bhandari administered the oath of office and secrecy to Mr Acharya in Kathmandu. He has been appointed on the recommendation of the cabinet.
- Mr Acharya served as a member of Eminent Persons Group formed by India and Nepal on bilateral relations. He was Law Minister in the interim government of 1990. The position of Nepalese ambassador to India was lying vacant after Deep Kumar Upadhyay resigned in October 2017 to join politics.
INS Dronacharya wins Kochi Area Boat Pulling Regatta 2019
- INS Dronacharya team won the Regetta trophy in the area Pulling Regatta Kochi 2019 of the (SNC Southern Naval Command) held in Kochi.
- It is one of the most prestigious and traditional naval sporting activities conducted by the Southern Naval Command.
Rishi Kumar Shukla Appointed As New CBI Director
- Rishi Kumar Shukla, 1983 batch IPS officer of Madhya Pradesh cadre, was appointed as the new chief of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI). He will be serving for a fixed term of two years.
- Shukla’s appointment to the post was approved by a high-level committee chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The IPS officer has previously served as the DGP of Madhya Pradesh.
Haryana Beat Defending Champions Punjab Royals To Lift PWL 4 Title
- Haryana Hammers won the fourth edition of the Pro Wrestling League (PWL) as they outclassed Punjab Royals 6-3 in the summit clash at the Gautam Buddha University indoor stadium, Greater Noida.
- Riding on Aleksander Khotsianivski, Ali Shabanov, Kiran, Ravi Kumar and Anastasia Nichita’s dominating performance, the runners-up in the last three editions, Haryana Hammers, turned the tables on the defending champions Punjab Royals winning all the first five bouts of the evening to clinch the title.
Qatar Defeat Japan To Win Their First-Ever Asian Cup Title In Football
- Qatar defeated four-time champions Japan 3-1 in the final to win their first ever Asian Cup. Qatar forward Almoez Ali broke the record of most goals in a single Asian Cup after netting his ninth goal with an overhead kick, breaking Ali Daei’s 1996 record. This was the first time that Japan lost in an Asian Cup final.
Mithali becomes first female to play 200 ODIs
- India’s Women Cricket team captain, Mithali Raj became the first female player to play 200 ODIs during the 3rd and Final ODI against New Zealand.
- Mithali Raj has played in 200 out of 263 ODI matches that India have played till now.
- Mithali Raj has also scored highest runs in ODIs which is 6622 at an average of 51.33 including 7 centuries. She also holds the longest international career among all female players.
Railways Minister Launched IEA’s ‘The Future of Rail’ Report
- Minister of Railways, Piyush Goyal launched the “The Future of Rail” report of the International Energy Agency (IEA). The Future of Rail is the first-of-a-kind report that analyses the current and future importance of rail around the world through the perspective of its energy and environmental implications.
- The report reviews the impact of existing plans and regulations on the future of rail and explores the policies that could help to realise an enhanced future of the railways.