Jamie Vardy wins Premier League’s Golden Boot award
* Leicester City striker, Jamie Vardy has bagged the Premier Leagues Golden Boot football award after netting 23 goals across the 2019/20 season. He beat Arsenal striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (22 goals), Southampton Danny Ings (22 goals), and Manchester City forward Raheem Sterling (20 goals) to scoop the prestigious individual award.
* Jamie is the first Leicester City player to claim the award and is only the second Englishman after Harry Kane to take the crown in the last 20 years. Manchester City’s Brazilian keeper Ederson won the Golden Glove award after keeping his 16th clean sheet of the season against Norwich City to beat Burnley’s Nick Pope to the award.
India’s first solar ferry “Aditya” wins Gustave Trouve Award
* India’s first solar-powered ferry, Aditya has won the prestigious Gustave Trouve Award for Excellence in Electric Boats and Boating. The ferry was adjudged the world’s best electric boat in the category of ferries designed for paid passenger service.
* The Aditya, from Navalt Boats, is a sun-powered commuter ferry that is one of the great stories of the future of electric marine propulsion. The ferry belongs to the Kerala State Water Transport Department (KSWTD) and has been plying on the Vaikkom-Thavanakkadavu route in Alappuzha district since January 2017.
Road in Lucknow named after former MP Governor Lalji Tandon
* The Lucknow Municipal Corporation has named a road and a crossing in the city after former Madhya Pradesh Governor Lalji Tandon. The Chauk Chauraha will now be known as Lalji Tandon Chauraha and the Lucknow-Hardoi Road will be known as Tandon Marg.
MoES National Awards for excellence in Earth System Science
* The Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES) has announced the winners of “MoES National Awards for excellence in Earth System Science“. With award, MoES aims to recognize the major scientific contributions made by eminent scientists/engineers in various fields of Earth System Science. It also seeks to encourage women and young researchers for coming into the mainstream of Earth System Science.
The complete list of winners:
* Life Time Excellence Award —–> Professor Ashok Sahni
* National Award for Atmospheric Science & technology —–> Dr. S. Suresh Babu
* National award for Geoscience & technology —–> N. V. Chalapathi Rao
* National Award for Ocean Technology —–> Dr. M. A. Atmanand
* Anna Mani award for woman scientist —–> Dr. Lidita D. S. Khandeparker
* Young Researcher Awards —–> Dr. Indra Sekhar Sen
* National Award for Ocean Science & technology —–> Dr. V. V. S. S. Sarma