Government Extends ‘Vivad se Vishwas’ scheme Deadline till 31 March 2021
* The government has further extended the deadline for making payment under the direct tax dispute settlement scheme ‘Vivad Se Vishwas’ by three months till March 31, 2021, in order to provide further relief to the taxpayers.
* This is the third time that the deadline is being extended by the Ministry of Finance.
* The deadline was extended for the first time till June 30, 2020 and then again till December 31, 2020.
* As per the latest notification, the taxpayers can now settle their tax disputes without additional amount till March 31, 2021.
* The last date for making declaration under the Scheme has also been extended till December 31, 2020.
Kerala becomes first Indian state to fix floor price for vegetables
* Kerala has became the first state of India to fix the floor price for vegetables, to provide relief and support to farmers.
* The floor price has been fixed for 16 varieties of vegetables produced in Kerala.
* The floor price would be 20 percent above the production cost of the vegetables
* The scheme would come into effect from 01 November 2020.
* Even if the market price goes below the floor price, the produce would be procured at the floor price from farmers.
Vice President Venkaiah Naidu launches virtual ‘Parampara Series 2020-National Festival of Music and Dance’
* Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu inaugurated the ‘Parampara Series 2020-National Festival of Music and Dance’ virtually on 27 October 2020.
* The event has been organised by Natya Tarangini in partnership with the United Nations India and UNESCO India.
* Natya Tarangini has been organizing the ‘Parampara Series’ continuously since past 23 years, to bring legendary artists together to share with the future generations and to spread a message of hope, harmony and solidarity through Indian classical music and dance.
* 2020 is the 24th edition of the annual festival and it is for the first time that the show has been organised virtually.
PM Modi inaugurates 4th India Energy Forum by CERAWeek
* Prime Minister of India Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated the 4th India Energy Forum by CERAWeek through video conference and delivered the inaugural address. The event was held from October 26-28, 2020.
* The event was organised by NITI Aayog and the Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas.
* The theme of 2020 India Energy Forum was “India’s Energy Future in a world of Change”.
* Thousands of delegates from Indian, regional, and international energy companies, institutions, and governments virtually participated in the 4th India Energy Forum.
* The forum provides a platform to bring together the global energy leaders and experts to India to deliberate on the opportunities and challenges in India’s energy sector.
Yashvardhan K. Sinha appointed as new Chief Information Commissioner
* Government of India has approved the name of Former Foreign Service officer, Yashvardhan Kumar Sinha as the new Chief Information Commissioner. He was already the Information Commissioner and was also the most senior. The post of CIC chairman had been vacant for several months after Bimal Zulka retired.
Dr Satish Mishra bags “Dr Tulsi Das Chugh Award-2020
* The National Academy of Medical Sciences (India) has selected the Principal Scientist, Division of Molecular Parasitology and Immunology, (CSIR-CDRI)-Lucknow, Dr Satish Mishra for “Dr.Tulsi Das Chugh Award 2020”. He is awarded for his research work on Malaria parasite’s life cycle which is a complex process involving two hosts and three invasive stages.
Indian Film Gully Boy Wins Best Original Score At 14th Asian Film Awards
* The 14th Asian Film Awards (“AFA14”) were announced on 28 October 2020 virtually by the Asian Film Awards Academy (“AFAA”).
* Ranveer Singh and, Alia Bhatt starrer Gully Boy bagged the award for the Best Original Score at the event.
* The award went to Karsh Kale and The Salvage Audio Collective.
* Gully Boy has been directed by Zoya Akhtar and was released on 14 February 2019.
Om Puri Posthumously Awarded Lifetime Achievement Award at India International Film Festival of Boston
* Late Indian actor Om Puri was honoured with a Lifetime Achievement Award at the third edition of the India International Film Festival of Boston (IIFFB 2020).
* The award was received by his wife Nandita Puri.
* The three-day film festival, based in Boston USA., was held virtually from October 16 to 18.