Samsung Tops Forbes’ list of World’s Best Employer 2020, HCL Tops among Indian list
* South Korea based electronics conglomerate Samsung Electronics has topped the list of ‘World’s Best Employer 2020 published by Forbes’.
* The global list features 750 multinational and large corporations headquartered in 45 countries.
* Amazon, IBM, Microsoft LG are among the top 5 in the list respectively.
From India, HCL Technologies is top industry in the list. It is placed at 30th position globally.
* In Banking sector, HDFC Bank is top from India. It is at 176th position.
* In addition to this, state-run power giant NTPC Ltd. has topped the list among Indian PSUs. Globally it is ranked at 261 position.
Indian-origin Wavel Ramkalawan elected President of Seychelles
* Indian-origin Wavel Ramkalawan has been elected as the President of Seychelles. Seychelles has elected an opposition candidate as president for the first time since 1977.
* Ramakalwan is a priest of Indian Origin whose grandfather came from Gopalganj, Bihar.
* He has defeated the incumbent Danny Faure.
HDFC Bank MD & CEO Aditya Puri Retires, Sashidhar Jagdishan Succeeds
* Aditya Puri, the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of HDFC Bank, has stepped down, after 25 years of highly successful career at India’s largest private sector lender.
* Sashidhar Jagdishan has been appointed as the new chief executive and managing director of the HDFC Bank w.e.f. 27 October 2020.
* The 70-year-old Puri had transformed a start-up in a sector dominated by state-owned banks into an industry leader
Federation of Indian Fantasy Sports appoints Bimal Julka as Chairman
* Former Chief Information Commissioner (CIC) of India, Bimal Julka, has been appointed as the new Chairman of Federation of Indian Fantasy Sports (FIFS), the self-regulatory industry body for fantasy sports in India.
* Julka is an IAS officer of 1979-batch of Madhya Pradesh cadre, who served as CIC until September 2020.
* He will take over from John Loffhagen, who served as the chairman of FIFS for over three years.
Alpha Conde wins third term as President of Guinea
* The incumbent President of the Republic of Guinea, Alpha Conde, has won the country’s presidential election with 59.5 percent of the vote to secure a controversial third term.
* The 82-year-old has been serving as the President of Guinea since December 2010.