Saudi King Salman to Chair G20 Virtual Summit
* Saudi King Salman Bin Abdulaziz Al Saud will chair a meeting for the leaders from the Group of 20 major economies through a video conference to discuss the coronavirus epidemic.
* King Salman will chair the meeting “to advance a coordinated global response to the COVID-19 pandemic and its human and economic implications.”
* The heads of state of Jordan, Spain, Singapore and Switzerland will also participate in the summit. The summit will also feature the participation of several top international organisations namely the United Nations, the World Bank, the WHO, the World Trade Organisation, the International Monetary Fund and the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD).
Deadline to Link PAN-Aadhaar and filing IT Return Extended to June 30, 2020
* The last date to file income tax returns (ITR) for Financial Year 2018-2019 has been extended to 31 June.
* Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has extended the last date for filing GST returns for March, April, and May to 30 June. The previous date for filing of GST returns was March 31, 2020. The deadline for composition returns on GST has been also been extended to 30 June 2020.
* The companies with less than Rs.5 crore turnover will not be charged interest or penalty for the late filing of GST. Bigger companies with a turnover of more than Rs.5 crore will have have to pay the interest amount at 9% for delayed filing of GST. No late fee or penalty will be levied.
FM Nirmala Sitharaman : Charges for ATM cash withdrawal, minimum balance for Saving A/C waived for 3 months
* Finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman has announced that no charges would be levied on cash withdrawal from any other bank ATMs, for debit card holders for a period of three months.
* The government has also waived penalties for non-maintenance of minimum balance amount in bank savings accounts.
The decision has been taken to ensure that individuals do not visit bank branches due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Indian Footballer Sunil Chhetri Chosen for FIFA Campaign Against COVID-19
* Indian football captain Sunil Chhetri is among 28 past and present global football stars, who all have been chosen for football world governing body FIFA’s campaign to combat the COVID-19 pandemic.
* The campaign titled ‘Pass the message to kick out coronavirus’ has been launched jointly by the FIFA and the World Health Organization (WHO) to combat the coronavirus.
Delhi Government Launches Rs 20 Crore Women Safety Scheme for Triggering Behavioral Change
* The Delhi government led by Arvind Kejriwal has announced a new scheme ‘Behavioural Change for Safety of the Women’ for awareness campaign to trigger behavioral change in the society and make Delhi safer for women.
* The scheme has been launched with an outlay of Rs 20 crore in 2020-21.
* The government has also proposed Mukhyamantri Divyangjan Punravas Sewa Yojana, with an outlay of Rs 10 crore, to provide immediate treatment in cases of accident, stroke or any other ailment, and accident causing permanent or partial disabilities.