Folk artist Gulabbai Sangamnerkar to get lifetime honour
* The Maharashtra government has declared the Vithabai Narayangaokar lifetime achievement award to folk artist Gulabbai Sangamnerkar. The Vithabai Narayangaokar lifetime achievement award is given to a senior tamasha (folk art) artiste. The honour for 2018-19 is being presented upon Gulabbai Sangamnerkar. The honour conveys the money prize of Rs 5 lakh, a citation and a memento.
* The Annasaheb Kirloskar award will be presented upon veteran theatre on-screen character artist Madhuvanti Dandekar. The Sangeetacharya Annasaheb Kirloskar musical theatre lifetime achievement award also carries the cash prize of Rs 5 lakh, a memento and a citation.
Himachal Pradesh wins e-Panchayat Puraskar 2020
* Himachal Pradesh state Panchayati raj department wins 1st prize under e-Panchayat Puraskar-2020. This prize was given by the Union Ministry of Panchayati Raj. All the 3,226 panchayats of the state have been provided internet facility and people can access various services online. The various services such as family register, registration of birth, death and marriages are registered online in the panchayats.
* Union ministry of Panchayati raj has been making efforts to bring in transparency, efficiency and accountability in the functioning of gram panchayats through the use of information and communication technology. The e-panchayat puraskar is conferred to those states which have ensured maximum use of information technology for monitoring the works of the panchayats.
Union Cabinet approves formation of “IN-SPACe”
* Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the establishment of Indian National Space Promotion and Authorization Centre (IN-SPACe). It has been approved to encourage the participation of private sector in the entire range of space activities. It will also enable Indian Industry in becoming an important player in global space economy.
* The Indian National Space Promotion and Authorization Centre (IN-SPACe) will offer a level playing field to the private companies by allowing them to use Indian space infrastructure. It will also hand-hold, promote as well as guide the private companies in space activities via encouraging policies along with friendly regulatory environment. These reforms in the Indian space sector will allow Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) to focus on research and development activities, new technologies, exploration missions as well as human spaceflight programme.
Mali awarded 500-MW solar park project to NTPC
* The Republic of Mali has awarded the project management consultancy contract for the development of 500 megawatts (MW) solar park to National Thermal Power Corporation Limited (NTPC).
* The announcement was made in an event hosted by the International Solar Alliance. The event was chaired by renewable energy minister R K Singh. The Ambassador of Mali Sekou Kasse attended the event. Earlier, the Republic of Togo had engaged NTPC for similar support for the development of the 285-MW solar park.
* In 2019, ISA had endorsed NTPC as a Project Management Consultant through a competitive process for the member countries to avail the services of NTPC. NTPC plans to anchor 10,000 MW of solar parks in ISA member countries in the next two years.
MPMKVVCL starts Nishtha Vidyut Mitra Scheme for women empowerment
* In Madhya Pradesh, Madhya Kshetra Vidyut Vitaran Company has launched the Nishtha Vidyut Mitra Scheme for women empowerment. Under the scheme, women Self-Help Groups at Gram Panchayat level will work as Nishtha Vidyut Mitra.
* This scheme will the company to increase the revenue collection as well as women will also earn extra. This scheme has been implemented in all the Gram Panchayats of all 16 districts of Bhopal, Narmadapuram, Gwalior and Chambal divisions of the company’s jurisdiction.