Made-In-India Surface-to-Air Missile QRSAM successfully test fired from Odisha coast
- Made-In-India’ Surface-to-Air Missile QRSAM was successfully test fired by the Defence Research and Development Organisation from a defense base off Odisha coast.
- The homegrown canister-based high-speed weapon system can deceive enemy radars making it difficult to be detected, is capable of destroying aerial targets, tanks, bunkers and short-range missiles.
- The short-range weapon system was fired from a canister mounted on a rotatable truck-based launch platform at the Launching Complex-I (LC-I) of the Integrated Test Range (ITR) at Chandipur-on-sea.
- It is a highly mobile air defence system which can destroy multiple targets at a distance of 25 km in less than one minute. Considered to be a unique system in its class, the missile is expected to supplement medium-range surface-to-air missile Akash.
Vijay Rupani Remains Gujarat Chief Minister and Nitin Patel His Deputy
- Vijay Rupani will continue as chief minister of Gujarat and Nitin Patel as his deputy chief minister, the Bhartiya Janata Party has made the announcement after a meeting of the party’s newly-elected legislators in the state’s capital Gandhinagar.
- The BJP had won 99 seats, only seven more than it needed for a majority to form government and 16 less than it had won last time.
India’s First Runway on ‘Sea Bridge’ in Lakshadweep
- India is all set to get its first runway on a ‘sea bridge’, as the Airports Authority of India (AAI) has been given a nod to extend Lakshadweep’s Agatti Airport.
- The task will be carried out by building an RCC platform on the beach and shallow area which will allow bigger ATRs to operate on the island.
- The Project is likely to cost about Rs 1,500 crore.
Bengaluru Becomes First Indian City to have its Own Logo
- Karnataka’s capital city Bengaluru has become the first Indian city to have its own logo after the state government launched it.
- The logo was designed by a design start-up and uses both English and Kannada alphabets.
- The red and black logo is part English and part Kannada. With this, Bengaluru joins a select group of global cities like New York City, Melbourne and Singapore to have a tourism logo of its own.
Quikr Acquires HDFC’s Digital, Realty Units in all Stock Deal
- India’s largest mortgage lender HDFC has sold its realty brokerage business HDFC Realty and its digital real estate business HDFC Developers which owns HDFC RED (Real Estate Destination) to online classifieds player Quikr.
- The all-stock deal will see HDFC pick up around 3.5% stake in Quikr for the two businesses which have collectively been valued at about Rs 357 crore.
SBI Card and Bharat Petroleum Launch BPCL SBI Card
- SBI Card, the credit card issuer and Bharat Petroleum, the leading petroleum company in India announced the launch of the BPCL SBI Card – the most rewarding fuel co-branded credit card in the country.
- The BPCL SBI Card will offer up to 70 litres of free fuel per year to cardholders.
- The Cardholders can earn rewards and save on fuel at 14000 Bharat Petroleum fuel stations across the country, making the BPCL SBI Card the only fuel co-brand card with such an extensive reach. It has been launched on the Visa platform.
Uttar Pradesh Government Signs MoU with South Korea
- The Uttar Pradesh government signed MoU with South Korea to enhance cooperation in the field of tourism, skill development, culture and farming.
- An agreement was signed in 2000 to develop Ayodhya and Gimhae as sister cities, following which a memorial was constructed in Ayodhya which is visited by a large number of tourists from South Korea every year.
Book on Gauri Lankesh’s Writings Launched
- A book containing selected writings by late journalist Gauri Lankesh was launched at the Mumbai Press Club, three months after she was gunned down.
- The book, The Way I See It – a Gauri Lankesh Reader, has been edited by writer and sociologist Chandan Gowda. The six sections of the book comprise Lankesh’s early reportage in various publications and selected articles she wrote for the Kannada language Gauri Lankesh Patrike, which she edited.