Yes Bank partners with Affordplan to launch “Swasth Card”
* Yes Bank has partnered with fintech startup “Affordplan” to launch ‘Swasth Card’, a co-branded healthcare card, under Swasth program. YES BANK’s wallet has also been integrated on Affordplan Swasth to enable wallet QR scan for making payments to merchant partners empanelled on the Affordplan Swasth app. Equipped with a chip-enabled card, digital wallet, goal-based savings, loans, and insurance, Swasth program extends access to a family seeking curative as well as preventive care.
* Access to goal-based savings projection chart for medical treatment based on treatment inputs.
* Access to healthcare services and treatments at a discounted price.
No documentation required to apply for the card, full KYC to be done within 24 months.
* Flexible recharges from Rs 100 up to a maximum balance of Rs 1 lakh.
Cashback benefits offered to enable savings on expenses related to OPD consultation, diagnostics, medicines and In-Patient Department (IPD) treatments.
Nirakar Pradhan becomes new chief of PRMIA
* Dr Nirakar Pradhan has appointed as new as the Chief Executive Officer of the Professional Risk Managers’ International Association (PRMIA) of its new India office. Pradhan has led teams at State Bank of India and Generali Group in India and Europe.
* PRMIA is a non-profit led by top professionals dedicated to promoting best practices in risk management. Its focus on training and certification has been recognised by the Government, Reserve Bank of India, State Bank of India, Punjab National Bank and HSBC, among others.
Amartya Sen wins Peace Prize of the German Book Trade
* The German Book Trade has chosen Indian Nobel prize-winning economist and philosopher Amartya Sen for its prestigious 2020 Peace Prize. He has been chosen for the prestigious prize for his pioneering work addressing issues of global justice, social inequality in education and healthcare.
* The German Book Trade is awarding the Peace Prize annually since 1950. The prize comes with a cash prize of €25,000 euros ($28,000). Through Peace Prize, the German Book Trade aims to honor individuals who have made an outstanding contribution to the realization of the idea of peace primarily through his activities in the fields of literature, science and art.
* Amartya Sen won the Nobel Prize in Economic Sciences in 1998 for his research on fundamental problems in welfare economics. Studies of social choice, welfare measurement, and poverty.
Tata’s Natarajan Chandrasekaran Re-nominated as a Part-Time Non-Official Director on RBI Central board
* As per Reserve Bank of India(RBI)’s notification, Chairman of the Board of Tata Sons(since January 2017), Natarajan Chandrasekaran has been re-nominated as a Part-Time Non-Official Director on RBI Central board for 2 years from 3rd March 2020 or until further orders, whichever is earlier.
* The government had 1st nominated him as the Director on RBI Central board for 4 years from March 4, 2016.
IFTAS Appoints T.Tabi Sankar as Chairman and N. Rajendran as CEO
* The Indian Financial Technology & Allied Services (IFTAS), wholly owned subsidiary of Reserve Bank of India appoints T Rabi Sankar as the Chairman and Dr. N Rajendran as the Chief Executive Officer(CEO) effective from 15th May 2020 and 27th May 2020 respectively.