SAP appoints Kulmeet Bawa as new India MD
* Systems, Applications & Products in Data Processing (SAP) has announced the appointment of Kulmeet Bawa as President and Managing Director for SAP Indian Subcontinent. He will replace the incumbent Deb Deep Sengupta.
Ramesh Boddu appointed as MD & CEO of Karur Vysya Bank
* Board of Directors of the Karur Vysya Bank has appointed Ramesh Babu Boddu as a Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer of the bank. He has also been co-opted as an Additional Director.
* The appointment of Ramesh Babu Boddu has been made for a period of three years from the date of taking charge. He will succeed PR Seshadri who resigned on 31st March 2020. Ramesh Babu Boddu has earlier served as Deputy Managing Director in State Bank of India and retired in April 2020.
SpaceX launches South Korea’s 1st military satellite “ANASIS-II”
* SpaceX has successfully launched South Korea’s first military satellite “ANASIS-II”. The satellite was deployed into a geostationary transfer orbit (GTO) by a Falcon 9 rocket. It was launched from the Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in the US of Florida.
* With this launch, South Korea has become the 10th country to own a military-only communications satellite, which will provide permanent and secured military communications. The satellite is expected to reach its orbit of 36,000 kilometres in 2 weeks. South Korea’s military will take over the system in October after testing.
India-Maldives sign agreement to establish “Emergency Medical Services”
* India and Maldives have signed an agreement for the establishment of ‘Emergency Medical Services’ in Male, Maldives. The Emergency Medical Service is financed by India under grant assistance of 20 million USD for neighbouring countries. This will help to increase the collaboration between the countries, especially in the areas of health care facilities, disaster responses during critical times, etc.
Arnab Chaudhuri to receive Toonz Media Award
* The ‘Legend of Animation’ award instituted by the Toonz Media Group (TMG) as part of the Animation Masters Summit (AMS) 2020 – Digital Edition will be posthumously conferred to the legendary animation director Arnab Chaudhuri. The award is being presented for his invaluable contribution to the animation and entertainment industry of India.
P Praveen Siddharth appointed as new Private Secretary to President Kovind
* The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has appointed P Praveen Siddharth, a 2001-batch officer of Indian Revenue Service (Income Tax), as the new Private Secretary (PS) to President Ram Nath Kovind.
* He replaces Vikram Singh, who has been appointed as the Joint Secretary in the Ministry of Shipping.