IAF and Royal Air Force of Oman begins Joint Exercise ‘Ex-Eastern Bridge-V’
* Indian Air Force (IAF) and Royal Air Force of Oman (RAFO) started participating in a bilateral joint exercise named Ex-Eastern Bridge-V. The joint exercise will be held at Air Force Base Masirah in Oman. Earlier in 2017, the exercise Ex-Eastern Bridge-IV was held at Jamnagar, India.
* Indian Air Force and Royal Air Force of Oman will also promote the exchange of experience, operational knowledge and professional interaction during the participation in a joint exercise. The Ex-Eastern Bridge-V joint exercise will conclude on October 26, 2019.
* It is for the first time when MiG-29 fighter aircrafts are participating in an international military exercise outside India.
* The Indian Air Force’s contingent comprises of C-17 aircraft, MiG-29 fighter jets, and other fighting art latest equipment.
Home Credit India join hand with Karur Vysya Bank for joint lending
* Home Credit India (HCIN), a local arm of the international consumer finance provider, has tied-up with Karur Vysya Bank (KVB) for joint lending using end-to-end automated processing which will help the customer get real-time approval and disbursement.
* Under the agreement, HCIN and KVB will disburse loans in a single amount to customers. With this partnership and by leveraging the lower cost of funds of KVB, Home Credit India will be able to reach out to a new segment of customer. Home Credit India has operations spread over 179 cities across 20 States in India.
World Steel Association elected Sajjan Jindal as vice Chairman
* The World Steel Association (Worldsteel) has elected Sajjan Jindal, Chairman and Managing Director, JSW Steel, as Vice-Chairman of the association for one year. The association has also appointed Tata Steel CEO and MD T V Narendran and Arcelor Mittal Chief L N Mittal as its members. The board also elected a 14-member Executive Committee.
NH No. 703AA in Punjab named as Guru Nanak Dev Ji Marg
* Union Road Transport and Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari has announced the naming of new National Highway No. 703AA as “Shri Guru Nanak Dev Ji Marg.” The road starting from Kapurthala connecting Goindwal Sahib and terminating near Taran Taran in Punjab. The naming would be effective from next month. The decision has been taken to mark the 550th Birth Anniversary of Shri Guru Nanak Dev.
Hong Kong’s orchestra wins “Orchestra of the year award 2019” at Gramophone Awards
* Hong Kong Philharmonic Orchestra has been named orchestra of the year at the 2019 Gramophone Awards. The group is the first Asian orchestra to win the award, a fact noted by its Dutch-born conductor Van Zweden, who has been its Music Director since 2012. The category is the only one of the classical music magazine’s awards open to the public vote. This award is often likened to the Oscars for the classical music world.