Captain Aarohi Pandit Becomes 1st Woman In World To Cross Atlantic Ocean Solo In a LSA
* Captain Aarohi Pandit, a 23-year-old pilot from Mumbai became the world’s first woman to cross the Atlantic Ocean solo in a Light Sports Aircraft (LSA). She achieved the feat when she landed her tiny aircraft at Iqaluit Airport in Canada, after a gruelling 3,000 km long flight, under adverse and extreme weather conditions the following take-off from Wick, Scotland (United Kingdom), with brief stopovers in Greenland and Iceland.
BSE Launches BSE StAR MF App For Its Mutual Fund Platform
* Leading stock exchange BSE has launched ‘BSE StAR MF’ app to enable more participation and help mutual fund distributors process transactions faster.
* As per the BSE, this mobile app supports real-time client registration and paperless transactions, creates and uploads mandate for SIPs, generates the basket of multiple orders, tracks and allows the distributor to analyse his business at his fingertips.
Council of European Chambers of Commerce(CEUCC) to honour Anil Kapoor for promoting Childrens Rights
* Council of European Chambers of Commerce(CEUCC) in India and European Union(EU) delegation will felicitate Indian actor Anil Kapoor for promoting Children’s Rights and his effort to protect the rights of girls in collaboration with Plan India and the European Union.
* Mr. Kapoor will be the Chief Guest for the celebrations. He will be accompanied by the EU Ambassador to India Tomasz Kozlowski, EU Member states Consuls and senior representatives from the European and Indian corporate world.
Indian Coast Guard Ship Vigraha decommissioned
* The Indian Coast Guard ship (ICGS) Vigraha was decommissioned at Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.
* The decommissioning ceremony was attended by eight former Commanding Officers who had been at the helm of the ship, along with former and the present crew.
Padmaja appointed as the next High Commissioner of India to the Republic of Nauru
* Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India, announced the appointment of Ms. Padmaja as the next High Commissioner of India to the Republic of Nauru with residence in Suva.
* She is currently serving as the High Commissioner of India to the Republic of Fiji. She is set to take up her responsibility soon.
Retd. Justice Lokur appointed as a judge of SC of Fijis non resident panel
* The Retired judge of Indian Supreme Court Justice Madan B Lokur is appointed as a judge of Supreme Court of Fiji’s non-resident panel. He has been appointed in the new role for a period of three years.
* The Supreme Court of Fiji has three sessions in a year. Justice Lokur will join it for the session from August 15 to August 30, 2019.
* Justice Lokur was retired as a Supreme Court justice on December 31, 2018. It is likely that Justice Lokur received the offer from Chief Justice of the Fiji Supreme Court on the day of his retirement itself.