IDBI Bank Launches ‘NRI-Insta-Online’ Paperless Account Facility
* IDBI Bank has launched ‘NRI-Insta-Online’ account opening process for NRIs residing in the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) member countries. * The person will not be required to furnish physical documents as well as KYC proofs for opening an account with the bank.
Mohammed Ishtayeh Appointed As PM of Palestine
* The Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas has appointed Mohammed Ishtayeh as the new Prime Minister. Mohammed Ishtayeh will succeed Rami Hamdallah.
* The 18th Palestinian government since the establishment of the Palestinian Authority in 1995 was sworn in according to a presidential decree issued by Abbas, a move at a time when prospects for a peace deal with Israel are possibly at their lowest point ever.
RBI puts into circulation Rs 50 banknotes signed by Governor Shaktikanta Das
* Reserve Bank of India put into circulation 50 rupees denomination banknotes signed by its Governor Shaktikanta Das.
* RBI in Mumbai approved the design of these notes is similar in all respects to 50 banknotes in Mahatma Gandhi new series.
Rajesh Yaduvanshi is appointed as Executive Director of Punjab National Bank
* Punjab National Bank (PNB) appointed Rajesh Kumar Yaduvanshi as the Executive Director of the bank.
* Rajesh Kumar Yaduvanshi joined PNB as a management trainee in 1985.
He is equipped with an experience of 34 years in the banking career and is a certified associate member of Indian Institute of Bankers. In the past, he had worked with Dena Bank in the capacity of the Executive Director.
Fincare Small Finance Bank Awarded the Celent Model Bank 2019 Award
* Fincare Small Finance Bank (SFB) has been awarded the prestigious Celent Model Bank 2019 Award in the category of Financial Inclusion, for ‘Redesigning Lending to Reach Small Businesses’.
* The award recognizes LAP (Loans Against Property) D.Lite, a tab-based solution designed and developed in-house by Fincare SFB for origination and instant underwriting of loans against property targeted at micro and small enterprises.
Mithali Raj Named Goodwill Ambassador Of Team India At The Street Child Cricket World Cup
* Indian women’s cricket team captain Mithali Raj has been named the goodwill ambassador of Team India at the Street Child Cricket World Cup (SCCWC). Mithali joins IPL franchise Rajasthan Royals and former captain Sourav Ganguly in supporting the team.
* The Street Child Cricket World Cup 2019 SCCWC is the first cricket world cup for street-connected children. The tournament is being organised by Street Child United (SCU), a UK based organisation.