Former CJI Ranjan Gogoi nominated to Rajya Sabha by President Kovind
* President of India Ram Nath Kovind nominated former Chief Justice of India Ranjan Gogoi to the Rajya Sabha. A government notification issued on this day informed that Gogoi has been nominated to the upper house of the Parliament. His nomination to the upper house was made against the vacancy created due to the retirement of senior lawyer KTS Tulsi. There are 11 other nominated members in the Rajya Sabha.
* Ranjan Gogoi was serving as the 46th Chief Justice of India, after succeeding 45th CJI Dipak Misra. On November 17, 2019, Gogoi was succeeded by Judge Sharad Arvind Bobde.
Ravinder Singh Dhillon appointed CMD of Power Finance Corporation
* The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has cleared the appointment of Ravinder Singh Dhillon as Chairman and Managing Director of Power Finance Corporation (PFC), according to an order on Monday
* Dhillon, posted as Director (Projects), has been cleared for appointment as the Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) in PFC with effect from the date of assumption of charge of the post on or after June 1 till the date of his superannuation on May 31, 2023, or until further orders.
‘An Extraordinary Life: A biography of Manohar Parrikar’ to be Released in April 2020
* A book on the life and times of bureaucrat-turned-politician and former Chief Minister of Goa, Manohar Parrikar, is set to hit stands in April 2020.
* The book titled “An Extraordinary Life: A biography of Manohar Parrikar” has been written by veteran journalists Sadguru Patil and Mayabhushan Nagvenkar. It is being published by publishing house Penguin Random House India.
* Parrikar died on 17 March 2019, after battling pancreatic cancer at the age of 63.
Indian Paddler Sharath Kamal Clinches 2020 Oman Open Table Tennis Tournament
* Ace Indian table tennis player Achanta Sharath Kamal has won the 2020 ITTF Challenge Series Plus Oman Open in Muscat on 15 March 2020.
* The 37-year-old Tamil Nadu veteran beat top-seeded Marcos Freitas of Portugal 4-2 in the final.
* The last time when Sharath bagged a title at ITTF event was in 2010 when he won Egypt Open.
ECI appoints Hirdesh Kumar new Chief Electoral Officer of Jammu and Kashmir
* The Election Commission of India today appointed Hirdesh Kumar as the new Chief Electoral Officer of the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir. He will replace Shailendra Kumar with effect from the date he assumes charge.
* Hridesh Kumar, a 1999 batch IAS officer is presently serving as Commissioner Secretary in the School Education Department of J&K.