Current Affairs Pocket : 15th Nov. 2017
First Ever APCERT Conference in New Delhi
- The Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In) under the aegis of Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology organized the Asia Pacific Computer Emergency Response Team (APCERT) Conference in New Delhi.
- This is the 15th Conference of APCERT and first ever conference in India and South Asia. The conference theme is “Building Trust in the Digital Economy”. This was inaugurated by Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad, Hon’ble Minister of Electronics & Information Technology, and attended by over 300 cybersecurity professionals.
Uttar Pradesh Tops in Mobilising Jan Dhan Accounts
- Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) launched to further the financial inclusion process in the country have gathered momentum in some northern States post demonetisation.
- With its area and size of the population, Uttar Pradesh tops in opening new PMJDY accounts.
- In fact, one-fifth of the more than five crore new PMJDY accounts in the Indian banking system came from Uttar Pradesh alone. Bihar, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh and West Bengal cumulatively added another 2.2 crore new accounts in the last one year.
President Gives Away National Child Awards 2017 on Occasion of Childrens Day
- The President Shri Ram Nath Kovind gave away the National Child Awards 2017 on the occasion of Children’s Day (14 November) in New Delhi.
- This year, the President honored 16 children, out of which one child was given a gold medal and 15 children were given silver medals.
Master Akash Manoj from Tamil Nadu was the only child winning gold for Innovation.
- The child with the most outstanding achievement is honored with a cash prize of Rs.20,000/-, a certificate/citation and a Gold Medal.
Sujoy Ghosh Resigns as Jury Head of 48th International Film Festival of India
- Filmmaker Sujoy Ghosh has resigned as Head of the jury of the Indian Panorama of the 48th International Film Festival of India (IIFI).
- His resignation came following the elimination of the two films “Sexy Durga” and “Nude” from the final list of films. Instead of Nude, the Hindi movie Pihu by Vinod Kapri was finalised as the opening film of the festival.
Aditi, First Indian to Qualify for LPGA Tour Championships
- Aditi Ashok has qualified for the season-ending CME Group Tour Championship on the LPGA, becoming the first from the country to play in the prestigious meet.
- The 19-year-old prodigy from Bengaluru is one of the eight rookies to make it to the Tour Championships in what is one of the strongest fields in women’s golf.