Paytm Partners With Citibank To Launch 1st Credit Card- ‘Paytm First Card’
* Digital payments company Paytm, in association with Citibank, launched its first credit card called Paytm First Card. Paytm First Card comes with unlimited cash back and will be accepted in India as well globally.
* The card is issued by Citibank and doesn’t involve any hidden fees or charges. An annual fee of Rs 500 will be fully waived off on expenses above Rs 50,000 per year.
BharatPe Ropes In Salman Khan As Brand Ambassador
* Merchant service and UPI payments app BharatPe has roped in Bollywood actor Salman Khan as its brand ambassador. The new brand campaign with Khan will be focused towards educating merchants and users about UPI payments along with driving adoption of BharatPe app for all their business needs.
RBI Appoints R Gandhi On YES Bank Board
* The Reserve Bank of India has appointed its former Deputy Governor, R Gandhi, on the board of private sector lender YES Bank as an additional director.
* The appointment has been done in exercise of powers conferred under sub-section (1) of Section 36AB of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949. The RBI has the power to appoint additional directors on the board of a bank if it feels it is in the interest of the banking company or its depositors.
Maj Gen A K Dhingra Appointed As 1st Special Operations Division Commander
* Ace Special Forces operative and Sri Lanka war veteran Major General AK Dhingra has been appointed as the first head of country’s first tri-services Special Operations Division comprising commandos from all three services.
* The Armed Forces Special Operations Division has been set up by the government to undertake joint operations by three services and will have elements from the Army’s Parachute Regiments SF, Marine Commandos (MARCOS) of the Navy and the Garud Commandos of the Indian Air Force.
Virat Kohli and Smriti Mandhana won CEAT International Cricket Awards
* The CEAT International Cricket Awards 2019, Indian skipper Virat Kohli bagged the International Cricketer of the Year Award and Smriti Mandhana won International Woman Cricketer of Year Award. Virat Kohli won the Best Batsman Award.
* Kohli scored 10,843 runs in the One-Day Internationals (ODI) and 6613 runs in the longest format. Smriti Mandhana has scored 1951 runs in the ODIs and 1298 runs in the shortest format.
* The Lifetime Achievement Award was given to Mohinder Amarnath who is the former Indian all-rounder and he was the member of the winning team of World Cup 1983.
* Following is the list of Award Winners:
International Test Cricketer of the Year: Cheteshwar Pujara (India)
International ODI Cricketer of the Year: Rohit Sharma (India)
International T20 Player of the Year: Aaron Finch (Australia)
Outstanding Performance of the Year: Kuldeep Yadav (India)
International T20 Bowler of the Year: Rashid Khan (Afghanistan)
Domestic Player of the Year: Ashutosh Aman (India)
Junior Cricketer of the Year: Yashasvi Jaiswal (India)
Cricket Journalists of the Year: Sriram Veera and Snehal Pradhan (India)
Special Tribute: Late Ajit Wadekar (India)