DRDO Successfully Conducts Flight Test of ABHYAS
* India successfully conducted the flight test of ABHYAS – High-speed Expendable Aerial Target (HEAT) from a test range in Odisha. The trial, carried out by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) from the Integrated Test Range (ITR) at Chandipur in Balasore, was tracked by various radars and electro-optic systems.
LIC Mutual Fund appointed Dinesh Pangtey as CEO
* LIC Mutual Fund appointed Dinesh Pangtey as the company’s Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
* He joined LIC as a direct recruit officer in 1984 . He was Director and CEO at LIC Group’s private equity division LIC HFL AMC. He also served as Regional Manager Marketing channel in Western Zone spanning the states of Maharashtra, Gujarat and Goa.
Ajoy Mehta Appointed As Maharashtra Chief Secretary
* Mumbai municipal commissioner Ajoy Mehta has been appointed as Maharashtra’s new chief secretary. Ajoy Mehta succeeds UPS Madan who has been named as the special advisor to Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis. Ajoy Mehta, a 1984 batch IAS officer is scheduled to retire in September 2019.
Lewis Hamilton won Spanish Grand Prix
* Lewis Hamilton celebrated the 76th win of his Formula 1 career, third victory of 2019 and fourth in Spain following victories in 2014, 2017 and 2018.
* Top spot of the world championship ranking with 112 points, ahead of Valtteri Bottas who is on 105 points.
* Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes) stood at the second spot while Max Verstappen (Red Bull) was third.
IPS Officer Chhaya Sharma Receives McCain Institute Award
* IPS officer Chhaya Sharma, who led the investigation team of the infamous Nirbhaya gang-rape and murder case, has been awarded the 2019 McCain Institute Award for Courage and Leadership. The award is given to those who show courage on behalf of human rights, humanitarian compassion, justice, freedom, and human dignity.
Asia-Pacific Diamond Cup 2019: Japan’s Yosuke Asaji Wins Title
* India’s Rahil Gangjee finished tied 39th while Viraj Madappa ended tied 53rd at the Asia-Pacific Diamond Cup held in Japan. Japan’s Yosuke Asaji won the Asia-Pacific Diamond Cup 2019 at the Sobu Country Club.