Institute of Chartered Accountants appoint Atul Kumar Gupta as its new President
* Institute of Chartered Accountants has appointed Atul Kumar Gupta as its new President for the year 2020-21. Besides, Nihar Niranjan Jambusaria has been elected as the Vice President of the ICAI for 2020-21.
* Atul Gupta, who is a chartered accountant by profession, has served the segment for about two decades. He was the Vice President of ICAI for the term 2019-20. He is commerce and a law graduate by education.
Union Ministry of Finance has notified ‘Printing of One Rupee Currency Notes Rules, 2020’
* The Union Ministry of Finance has notified ‘Printing of One Rupee Currency Notes Rules, 2020’ which will feature bilingual signature of Shri Atanu Chakraborty, Secretary, Ministry of Finance.
* It shall be rectangular 9.7 x 6.3 cms, with its paper made of 100% (cotton) rag content.
* The note will be 110 microns thick, weighing 90 GSM (Grams per Square Meter).
* The pink green colour note will have a design of grains, which depicts the “agricultural dominance of the country”.
* The design surrounding will be of the Sagar Samrat, which is an oil exploration rig. The rig drilled the first offshore well in 1974 and has been in service with the Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) since.
South Indian Bank wins two awards at the Banking Technology 2019 awards by IBA
* South Indian Bank has bagged two awards at the Banking Technology 2019 awards instituted by the Indian Banks’ Association. This event was held in Indian Bank Association’s 15th Annual Banking Technology Conference, Expo and Awards held in Mumbai, Maharashtra. The South Indian Bank emerged the winner in the ‘Most Customer-Centric Bank Using Technology’ category and runner up in the ‘Best Payments Initiative’ category amongst small Banks’.