Indian historian Sanjay Subrahmanyam wins Israel’s Dan David Prize 2019
* Indian historian Sanjay Subrahmanyam on February 10, 2019 won the prestigious Dan David Prize 2019 for his work on inter-cultural encounters between Asians, Europeans and people of North and South America during the early modern era.
* He won the Israel’s prestigious USD 1 million dollar award in the category of ”Past Time Dimension” for his work in macro history. He shared the award in the Past category with Professor Kenneth Pomeranz of University of Chicago.
PM Modi launches dedicated channel ‘DD Arunprabha’ for Arunachal Pradesh
* Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched a dedicated 24×7 Satellite channel, ‘DD Arunprabha’ for Arunachal Pradesh during his visit to Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, and Tripura.
* DD Arunprabha is the Doordarshan’s second channel for the northeastern region; DD Northeast was the first one. The channel will familiarise people across India with the beauty and the culture of the State.
Meghalaya Government To Rename Dikkibandi Stadium After P A Sangma
* The Meghalaya Cabinet has decided to rename the Dikkibandi stadium in Tura town after former Lok Sabha Speaker Purno A Sangma. The state Cabinet meeting presided over by Chief Minister Conrad K Sangma approved the recommendations received from the state naming authority tasked with the job to name roads, and institutions after personalities. The Dikkibandi Stadium was formerly known as MP stadium. Purno A Sangma is also a former chief minister of Meghalaya.
Jamie Chadwick became the 1st female driver to win the MRF challenge title
* Jamie Chadwick, female driver from England won the MRF challenge title. She made history by becoming the first female driver to win the title after scoring a triple win in the final round in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
Australia spin legend Shane Warne named brand ambassador of Rajasthan Royals
* Australia spin legend Shane Warne was entitled as the brand ambassador of Rajasthan Royals in the upcoming Indian Premier League.
* Shane Warne was the captain Rajasthan Royals for four seasons until 2011 and after that, he retired from all form of cricket.