IMF Cuts India’s GDP Growth Forecast To 7.3% For FY20
* The International Monetary Fund (IMF) cut its economic growth forecasts for India by 20 basis points (bps) each from its January predictions to 7.3% for FY20 and 7.5% for the next fiscal.
* Citing persistent risks from the trade war, it lowered 2019 global growth forecast by 20 basis points to 3.3%, the weakest since 2009 when the subprime crisis had flared up.
India-Singapore Joint Military Exercise ‘Bold Kurukshetra–2019’
* Military forces of India and Singapore got together to participate in a joint exercise in Babina Cantonment in Jhansi. The three-day exercise, ‘Bold Kurukshetra–2019’, is being conducted to develop military technology, boost maritime security and bolster the nations’ fight against terrorism.
BSE, HDFC Bank Tie Up To Strengthen Startup Platform
* The BSE has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with HDFC Bank with an objective to strengthen the BSE Startups platform. The MoU has been signed to spread more awareness on the benefits of the listing of startups on this BSE startup platform.
* The exchange had launched the startup platform in December, with an aim to encourage entrepreneurs to get listed and raise equity capital for their growth and expansion.
SUN Group Chairman Vikramjit Sahney Elected As President of ICC India
* SUN Group Chairman Vikramjit Singh Sahney elected as the new president of International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) – India. He stated that the chamber would work with the government to promote India’s external trade.
Spain Garbine Muguruza claimed Monterrey Open title
* Garbine Muguruza of Spain successfully claimed back-to-back Monterrey Open title 2019 as Victoria Azarenka succumbed to injury in the final.
* Asia Muhammad & Maria Sanchez claimed women’s doubles title in Monterrey Open.
* The Monterrey Open is a professional women’s tennis tournament played on outdoor hard courts.