1. India and China signed three key MoUs:-
India and China On 30th June 2014, India and China signed three key MoUs. These MoU’s include one on industrial parks and flood data of Brahmaputra river, coinciding with the China visit of Vice President Hamid Ansari.The agreements were signed in the presence of Vice Preisdent of India Mr. Ansari and his Chinese counterpart Li Yuanchao.
2. Pankaj Advani wins his maiden IBSF 6-Red World Snooker title in Egypt:-
Indian cueist Pankaj Advani won his maiden IBSF 6-Red World snooker title at Sharm el-Sheikh in Egypt.
3. Malala Yousafzai wins Liberty Medal:-
A Pakistani girl Malala Yousafzai has won the Liberty Medal from the National Constitution Centre in Philadelphia.
4. FIFA World Cup: Brazil beat Chile in penalty shootout:-
Hosts Brazil squeezed into the quarterfinals of the FIFA World Cup after a pulsating 3-2 penalty shootout win over heartbroken Chile at Estadio Mineirao.
5. SBI launches ‘sbiINTOUCH’ range of digital branches:-
India’s largest banking group the State Bank of India (SBI) on 1 July 2014 launched six digital branches across the country, as part of a pioneering program to offer next generation banking solutions to India’s growing mobile phone and internet-savvy customer base.
6. Who headed the committee on Tendulkar Committee methodology for estimating poverty, the report of which was submitted to Planning Commission on 1 July 2014? – C. Rangarajan
7. Which ship of the Indian Navy became the first one from India to take part in RIMPAC 2014 (Rim of the Pacific Exercise), which is the world’s largest international maritime warfare exercise? – INS Sahyadri
8. Air Marshal PP Reddy has taken over as Chief of Integrated Defence Staff to the Chairman Chiefs of Staff Committee on 01 Jul 14.
9. Twitter buys mobile ad-tech startup TapCommerce:-
Twitter is fattening its mobile ad portfolio by agreeing to acquire TapCommerce, a company that specialises in targeting app consumers.
10.RIP Orkut! Google to shut down website on Sept 30:-
Orkut, Google’s first social networking site, will cease to exist after September with the Internet giant deciding to shut down the service launched 10 years ago.
11. A top Ghanaian military official has been appointed head of the UN military observer group stationed along the LoC between India and Pakistan.
12. Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare Dr. Harsh Vardhan along with the Union Minister for Human Resources Development, Smriti Irani inaugurated the “First Aid Post” at Shastri Bhawan.
13. Infosys Ltd will pay its new CEO Vishal Sikka up to USD 5.08 mn in annual salary besides a stock option of USD 2 million, a package considered lower than global peers.
14. Telecom service provider Uninor chief operating officer Reza Sbanovik replaced by Tanvir Mohammad.
15. Sujit Choudhry became the first Indian-American dean of Berkeley Law School.
16. Camel declared as the State animal of Rajasthan Government.
17. Coffee-Table book titled First Citizen: Pranab Mukherjee in Rashtrapati Bhavan released:-
Pranab Mukherjee received first copy of a coffee-table book titled First Citizen: Pranab Mukherjee in Rashtrapati Bhavan that was released.
18. Michelle Howard became first female four-star admiral in US Navy:-
Michelle Howard became the first female four-star admiral in US Navy. She is the first women admiral in 236 year old history of US Navy.
19. India became the first Country to Ratify the Marrakesh Treaty:-
India became the first country to ratify the Marrakesh Treaty to facilitate access to published works for persons who are blind and visually impaired.
20. Semi-Bullet Train Sets New National Speed Record:-
An Indian passenger train set a new national speed record of 160 kilometres an hour (100 miles an hour) on Thursday during a test between the capital and the Taj Mahal city of Agra.
21. What is the quarterfinal line-up of FIFA World Cup 2014 after conclusion of all matches of last-16 stage on 1 July 2014?:-
France Vs Germany, Brazil Vs Colombia, Argentina Vs Belgium and Netherlands Vs Costa Rica.
22. Freshly-appointed Infosys CEO Vishal Sikka, who will take charge on 1 August 2014, will get an annual salary of $5.08 million (over Rs. 30 crore) to become the highest-paid CEO in Indian software industry. His total salary (including stock options) stands at $7.08 million, which is roughly comparable to the 4.23 million euroes (Rs. 34 crore) he was making at his previous job as Chief Technology Officer (CTO) at German software major SAP. Who was till now the highest paid CEO in the Indian software industry? – N. Chandrasekaran
23. Satya Nadella among 4 Indian-Americans felicitated in US on Independence Day:-
Four Indian-Americans were among 40 people who were honoured for their contributions to the US in the annual great immigrants tribute in New York on the country’s Independence day.
24. Goa Governor B V Wanchoo resigns:-
B V Wanchoo on Friday resigned as Governor of Goa as government went about finalizing its plans for replacing the Governors appointed during the previous UPA regime.
25. Brazil seal World Cup semi-final spot:-
A sensational David Luiz free kick took Brazil into the World Cup semi-finals with a 2-1 victory over Colombia but the tournament hosts saw star striker Neymar carried off in agony.
26. In Wimbledon, Petra Kvitova to clash with Eugenie Bouchard for Women’s Singles title:-
Sixth seeded Czech player Petra Kvitova will clash with Eugenie Bouchard of Canada for the Women’s Singles title at Wimbledon.
27. Gujarat Governor Dr. Kamla Beniwal was on 6 July 2014 shifted as the new Governor of which state by the Union Govt.? – Mizoram
28. Ukraine scored the biggest tactical victory over pro-Russia rebels in last 3 months on 5 July 2014 by taking control of a key eastern Ukraine city in the strategic Donetsk region. What is the name of this city? – Slovyansk
29. India is set to become the third largest economy in the world by 2030, according to latest estimates by a PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) report. The London-headquartered accountancy giant said the rapid rise of the Indian economy with its young workforce would push it up from being the 10th largest economy in 2013 to the third largest by 2030, pushing the UK back into sixth place.
30. 6th BRICS Summit to be held in Fortaleza, Brazil from 15-17 July 2014:-
The 6th BRICS summit will be the sixth annual diplomatic meeting of the BRICS, a grouping of major emerging economies that includes Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa.It will be hosted by Brazil, as the first host country of the current five-year summit cycle, the host city will be Fortaleza.
Note: 5th BRICS Summit 2013 was held in Durban, South Africa.
31. Novak Djokovic lifts his 2nd Wimbledon title 2014:-
Novak Djokovic defeated Roger Federer to win his second Men’s Wimbledon title and seventh career Grand Slam.
32. Petro Kvitova crushes Bouchard to win Wimbledon title 2014:-
Petra Kvitova stormed to her second Wimbledon title in the shortest women’s final since 1983 as the Czech sixth seed crushed Canada’s Eugenie Bouchard 6-3, 6-0 on 5 July 2014.
33. MCC XI won the match played to celebrate 200 years of Lord’s Cricket Ground:-
Marylebone Cricket Club XI on 5 July 2014 won the match played to celebrate 200-years (bi-centenary) of Lord’s Cricket Ground – the Home of Cricket. Sachin Tendulkar-led MCC XI beat Shane Warne-led Rest of the World XI in Lord’s in London, UK.
34. India test-fired an advanced version of the 290-km range BrahMos supersonic cruise missile from the Odisha coast. The missile was test-fired from a mobile launcher from the Integrated Test Range (ITR) at Chandipur at about 10.40 am, the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) said.The missile is capable of carrying a conventional warhead of 300 kg.
35. Union Railway Minister D.V. Sadananda Gowda presented his maiden Railway Budget in Parliament on 8 July 2014. Alongwith no new increase in passenger fares and freight charges the budget has proposed Bullet train in Mumbai-Ahmedabad sector, Diamond quadrilateral for high speed trains and plan to hike speed of trains to 160-200 km/hr in 9 sectors among other announcements.
36. Emma Watson appointed as UN Goodwill Ambassador:-
UN Women appointed Emma Watson, the British actress of Harry Potter movie series as Goodwill Ambassador.
37. Amritraj announces launch of Champions Tennis League:-
Indian tennis legend Vijay Amritraj on Monday announced the launch of Champions Tennis League (CTL) in India with an aim of taking the sport to new levels of awareness and popularity in the country.
38. Sania Mirza achieves career-best fifth rank in WTA doubles ranking:-
Indian tennis ace Sania Mirza has achieved a career-best rank of number five in the world as the new WTA Doubles chart was released 8 July 2014.