Xi Jinping conferred with Nishan-e-Pakistan award
Pakistan Government on 21 April 2015 conferred Nishan-e-Pakistan, top civilian award on Chinese President Xi Jinping. He was bestowed with this award for his outstanding contribution in promotion of relationship between the two countries by Pakistan President Mamnoon Hussain.
- The Nishan-e-Pakistan (Order of Pakistan) is the highest of civilian award and decoration given by the Pakistan Government.
- The award is awarded to a person for his highest degree of service to the country and nation of Pakistan.
- It is conferred on them for their merit and distinguished services to the country, foreign relations and international community.
- Established on 19 March 1957.
Indian Railways launches E-Samiksha to monitor rail projects online
Indian Railways on 21 April 2015 launched E-Samiksha, an online monitoring mechanism. E-Samiksha aims at monitoring implementation of various ongoing projects of Indian Railways on real-time basis including Rail Budget proposals. It was launched by Union Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu in New Delhi.
Facts about E-Samiksha:
- E-Samiksha is designed by National Informatics Centre (NIC).
- It has been developed to make it a highly interactive web-based, user-friendly and customised system.
- E-Samiksha will be used to monitor budget-related projects and also for monitoring the infrastructure target and board meeting follow-up. Currently, it is being used by Cabinet Secretariat, Prime Minister’s Office and other Ministries for monitoring progress implementation of various programmes and follow-up of meetings.
New York Times wins Pulitzer for Ebola coverage
The New York Times won two prestigious Pulitzer prizes on Monday for coverage of the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, described by the Pulitzer board as courageous and vivid journalism that engaged the public and held authorities accountable.
The Pulitzer for Public Service, announced at Columbia University, went to Charleston, South Carolina’s Post and Courier for its series on domestic violence.
The Pulitzers honour extraordinary work in U.S. journalism, literature, drama and other areas and bring welcome attention and recognition to newspapers and websites.
Amazon launches website for businesses to buy supplies online
In line with vision to be India’s most customer centric company online market place Amazon has launched Amazonbusiness.in, a members-only B2B ecommerce website in India.
The website, at present, is serving businesses in Bengaluru.
According to the company, the website allows businesses to purchase their frequently needed business supplies and products for retail in bulk quantities at wholesale prices.
The registration is currently open for businesses in Bengaluru including small office and home offices, kirana stores, drugstores, hospitals, hotels, and restaurants. Businesses in Bengaluru can register for free and place an order as low as Rs. 1000.
“With Amazonbusiness.in, businesses now have an opportunity to unblock their working capital as they no longer need to face issues like inconsistent stock availability and long vendor lead times.