Andhra Pradesh launched ‘Mee Bhoomi’ digital depository of land records
The Andhra Pradesh government has launched `Mee Bhoomi’, a digital depository of land records.The portal, http://meebhoomi.ap.gov.in/, makes all land details along with Adangal/Pahani and 1-B details, available to the people.oakley frogskin sunglasses
It also lists details of land owners, area, assessment, water source, soil type, nature of possession of the land, liabilities, tenancy, and crops grown. One can also view individual/ village adangal and 1B details on the website.
Besides the survey number or pattadar number, it also gives the option of entering the Aadhaar card number to view land details. Users can also search for their field measurement book (F.M.B) on the website. The details of any transactions will also be updated on the website.ray ban eyeglasses
With respect to grievances related to land, people can register a complaint at the closest Mee-Seva centre, which will process the same within 15 days.Making the portal mobile-friendly, the government has also launched an Android app.
China launched freight train service connecting Europe
China launched a freight train service between its northeastern city of Harbin and Europe with an aim to open a new trade route to Europe. This train will be covering a distance of nearly 10,000 kms.ray ban 3025
This train will be running once a week and each single trip will take 15 days and will be transporting goods from China, the Republic of Korea and Japan as well as European countries such as Germany, Poland, France, Spain and Italy.
Recommendations of Bibek Debroy Committee on restructuring of Indian Railways
The committee has suggested measures for restructuring the Railway Board and its departments so that policy making is separated from day-to-day operations.air jordan retro 11
Recommendations of Bibek Debroy committee:
- Establishment of an independent regulator Railway Regulatory Authority of India (RRAI) with a separate budget and to be independent of the Ministry.
- RRAI will decide on tariffs to revamp the cash-strapped railways.
- Railway Budget should be phased out with gross budgetary support to Indian Railways.
- No privatisation of Indian Railway but allowed participation of private sector in the railway projects.
- State governments should be asked to entirely fund the Government Railway Police (GRP).
- The recommended changes should be implemented only by Union Railways ministry in the first five years including the resolution of the social cost issue.
Background: Union government had constituted the high-level committee in September 2014 to restructure the Railways and suggest ways for resource mobilisation. It was seven-member panel headed by eminent economist and NITI Aayog member Bibek Debroy. The other 6 members are former cabinet secretary K M Chandrasekhar, Gusharan Das, Ravi Narain, Partha Mukhopadhyay, Rajendra Kashyap, Ajay Tyagi and Ajay Narayan Jha.air jordan 12
Government launches Migrant Resource Centre in Chennai
Migrant Resource Centre (MRC) was set up in Chennai by the Union Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs (MOIA) and Tamil Nadu state government.
The MRC will provide migrants and overseas Indian workers with information, advice, counseling and guidance on all aspects of overseas employment.
Following are support functions of MRCs:
- Dissemination of information on safe and legal migration.
- Dissemination of information regarding status of recruiting agents along with other service providers.
- Registration and response to complaints and grievances within the redressal forum of MOIA.
- To offer counseling support in form of walk in or telephone and email support.
It is the fourth such MRC in India set up by MOIA. The first MRC was established in 2008 in Kochi, Kerala by MOIA. Later, fully functional MRCs in Hyderabad (Telengana & Andhra Pradesh), Gurgaon (Haryana) were established.
Sangeet Natak Akademi announced awardees for 2014 Akademi Awards and fellowships
Sangeet Natak Akademi announced the names of recipients of Sangeet Natak Akademi fellowships (Akademi Ratna) 2014 and Sangeet Natak Akademi Awards (Akademi Puraskar) 2014.
The list of names selected for Sangeet Akademi Fellowships:
• R. Janakiraman (Musicologist)
• S. Sathyu (film-maker)
• Vijay Kichlu (Classical singer)
• Tulsidas Borkar (Musician)
The Fellowship of the Akademi carries a cash prize of 3 lakh rupees and is the most prestigious and rare honour which is restricted to a very limited number at a given time. Presently there are only 40 Fellows of the Sangeet Natak Akademi.
Recipients of Sangeet Natak Akademi Awards for the year 2014:
• In the field of music For Hindustani vocal- Ashwini Bhide Deshpande Nath Narelkar, Ustad Iqbal Ahmed Khan
• Hindustani instrumental music- Pandit Nayan Ghosh (tabla) and Ronu Majumdar (flute)
• Carnatic instrumental music- Neyveli Santhanagopalan (Carnatic vocal), TA Kaliyamurthy (Thavil), Sukanya Ramgopal (Ghatam) and Dwaram Durga Prasad Rao (violin)
• In the field of dance- Adayar Janardanan, Amusana Devi, Uma Dogra, Sudhakar Sahoo, Vedantam Radhesyam, Jagru Mahto, Anita Sharma, Varanasi Vishnu Namboothiri and Navtej Singh Johar
• In the field of drama- Asgar Wajahat, Surya Mohan Kulshreshtha, Chidambar Rao Jambe, Debshankar Haldar, Ramdas Kamath, Amod Bhatt, Manjunath Bhagwat Hostota and Amardas Manikpuri.
• In the field of Traditional/tribal music/folk/theatre/dance and puppetry- Puran Shah Koti, KKalamandalam Ram Mohan, Kesavasamy, Abdul Rashid Hafiz, Reba Kanta Mohanta, Ramdayal Sharma, K. Shanathoiba Sharma and Thanga Darlong
The award recognizes sustained individual work and contribution to the practice and appreciation of the arts through award prize of 100000 rupees along with Tamrapatra and Angavastram.
About Sangeet Natak Akademi-
• Established in 1953, the Akademi is responsible for preservation and promotion of the performing arts in India.
• It recognizes the contribution of outstanding musicians, dancers and theatre artists by bestowing them the Fellowships and Awards on yearly basis. Its aim is to create benchmarks in the practice of the performing arts.